Monday, November 12

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?


Growing up, Sesame Street was one of my first loves. From Big Bird to the Count, I learned so much about counting, words, and friendships. So when my son's first birthday came along and saw that he simply adored Elmo, I couldn't wait to bring Sesame Street come to life!

I love sending a little package a week or so prior to a party to build excitement and give the little ones a sense of what to expect. This time I spent some time thinking about what kind of things one would need on a trip to Sesame Street. So here is what I crafted:



I sewed a wallet using foam rectangles, letters and circles, and ribbon. I also filled the wallet with Sesame Street money that I found on the Sesame Street website. We also put together a music CD complete with all of the songs that I sing to my little one as well as the Sesame Street theme song with a little verse on the back   of the envelope about singing is the way to get to Sesame Street. Then I crafted a map with downloaded images and red footprints and asked the guest to help Elmo find his friends. I included all of the activities the children could expect at the party (with some surprises included of course!). The younger kids (2-4) gravitated to the characters on the map while the older kids actually were engaged in the map activity. 

All in all it was a super fun way to kick off the excitement to the party and helped the little ones in their journey to Sesame Street. I always wondered how to get to there and now I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment