Saturday, March 24

Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

I looked around my son's room and realized that many of his favorite toys didn't have a home. Instead, they usually were strewn about the floor. Since the rain kept us inside today, I grabbed my computer, a shoe box, a jar of Modge Podge, a small paint brush, my toddler, and two pairs of scissors (safety pair for him and a regular pair for me).




We started by going to Disney.com and selecting a bunch of his favorite friends and printing them out. He loved helping with the cutting and gluing. Then, we talked about who his favorite people were and why. Then using the Cars 2 font (Magneto ~ I am a sucker for a good font!) we cut out their names. Then, we finished off the box by decoupaging the images and names on there to make it a bit more durable to spills and tears. I particularly liked this shoe box because the lid is attached. He loved it so much that he was more than willing to put his toys away before naptime. Ka-chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment