Friday, October 12

For the love of grandparents!

Grandparents are the best! I know some of my favorite memories are when I would visit my Gran and we would spend all day sewing, and talking. I even still have some of the books we read together of which I truly cherish.

When our little guest of honor Nynika visited her grandparents for the first time (all the way to India no less!), we knew it was important to make it super special! Set in a gracious tennis club, there were chevrons and damasks (family favorites of course!), and pink and lime green abound.




As the guests arrived they were greeted with drinks and yummy bites and found a place a resting place for their gifts. Complete with butterflies (is it really a girly party without butterflies?!), a crepe rosette bunting, as well as, chevron and lime running throughout it really set the cheery tone. Such an adorable way to begin their time with Nynika.


The guest tables were clearly a lovely sight! Covered chairs, layered linens, darling pots of fresh flowers..oh my! Such a beautiful way to meet their bundle of love for the first time.



The photo booth area was a hit with the younger set! They were so creative as they tried on various crowns, beards, glasses, brocade turbans, and such. I loved it how the kids hammed it up for the camera!



No party is ever complete without a gracious thank you to all of the guests.  The custom made boxes of chocolates hit just the right tone and left the guests savoring their time with their new little love.  It was lovely how the grandmom had even saved Nynika's mom's first doll and stroller! And so, there she was.. bidding adieu to the guests.

Overall, a sweet event for one adored little girl! Now I am off to go relive some of my favorite memories with my grandparents....What are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment