Thursday, May 3

Here's one for the teachers in the house...

As the school year is coming to a close, I am on the search for good teacher appreciation ideas. I love to find meaningful ways to express my thanks, but that can be challenging when there are so many great ideas out there. In the past, I have picked what I would have liked to receive and realized later that while it gift was appreciated, it maybe didn't resonate the way I thought it would.

Many of my teacher friends would say that the gift that they appreciate the most is one that is given all year long..that of the parent's time, concern, and interest in what the child is doing and respect for the teacher's efforts. That said, sometimes at the end of the year we want to go the extra mile and let those teachers know how much we appreciate them. So here are some fun ideas I have found to do just that!


For that teacher who loves the great outdoors (and perhaps a bit of chocolate) this little gift seemed to be the perfect fit. Being a lover of tags that are a play on words, this one left me with a smile.


What math teacher wouldn't love to be told that they rule?! Also, a nice addition (see I told you I loved a play on words, lol) for those teachers who love cookies.


I love this idea because it is super practical and pretty. I might change it to waterless hand sanitizer if they don't have a sink in their classroom.

If there is one thing that teachers always need, it is supplies! This teacher survival kit is chock full of great supplies. This may be a particularly nice gift for your child's special teacher who goes above and beyond or even at the beginning of the school year. I love the cake shape and most of these things can be had at a local Target or office supply place.



Lastly, I love this wall art. Perfect for elementary school teachers! Such a darling idea.


All in all, I think the best gifts are those where you are really able to "get" who that person is and give them something that resonates with that. If they are a gardener, then maybe a potted plant with a sign "thanks for helping me grow", if they love coffee, then a gift card from their favorite coffee place with a "Thanks a Latte" saying on it, or if they love to travel then a basket of sunscreen, magazine, and a copy of '1000 places to go before you die'. In all cases, they will really appreciate the sentiment and know you care!

No comments:

Post a Comment