Monday, May 14

Start your engines!

My son simply loves the Pixar Cars movie. So, when his birthday came around this year, I knew we would be reviling in all things cars. Here is a little sneak peek...


I totally love the look of paper invites, but in our electronic age, they often are not very convenient for guests. So instead, I have taken to doing an initial Evite and then doing a paper invite/reminder card shortly prior to the party (especially handy the day of if someone doesn't have a smart phone but still needs the party address). This year, I thought a pit pass and raceway ticket would be super fun.

For the pit pass, I downloaded a few images from the movie and then added each little guests name. I then laminated it and clipped on a lanyard. My son was so in love with his that he didn't take it off for 3 days straight!  Then, I made the ticket using microsoft publisher and images from the movie. The ticket bar code was actually a QR code that directed each guest back to the Evite. Lastly, we crafted the signage for the party and shrunk it down to a smaller size so it could bind the elements together. To pull it all together, we bound the lanyard and ticket with some checkered ribbon and the Aiden is 3! circle. On the envelope, I completed the look by making return address labels with the piston cup logo.

Overall, it was great fun to make. And to see the look on my son's face when he saw his pit pass...it just melted my heart. KaChow!

No comments:

Post a Comment