Sunday, April 1

Daddy Doody Kit

We were recently invited to a co-ed couple's baby shower. The couple who invited us has a great sense of humor so I thought I would mix it up with this:


 I started by downloading an Army font and camouflage artwork of which I used for the labels and the 'survival guide'. The survival guide was chock full of parenting cartoons and ended with a GI Joe quote. Then I sewed a apron ('for flying doody') and then using the embroidery function on my machine to emblazon his name and added a stripe applique.



For the Daddy Doody kit itself, I enclosed items that ranged from the practical to the absurd (tongs, clothes pins-for his nose, wipes case with their last name on it, diapers, outfit, rattle, rubber dish gloves, hand sanitizer, socks, face mask, pacifier with travel case, bottle, etc). On the outside of the kit, I listed everything on a contents list. On the top of the bucket, I had a label inscribed 'Open in case of a doody emergency'. I also enclosed a blanket from their registry to mix it up.  All in all the couple had a good chuckle and I had a fun night of crafting. Here's to being all you can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment