Saturday, March 17

Some good fricken chicken!

One of our dear friends threw down the gauntlet and challenged we party guests to 'bring your favorite cookie'. Well, knowing he was an ardent Adidas and friend chicken fan, I thought..hmmm...why not marry my favorite cookie recipe with his loves?



I found this cute idea and just knew it would be a the perfect tongue in cheek gift. The folks at KFC were super kind with my strange drive-thru order of just a small bucket. With that, and some corn flakes, I was all set. I used a paper template to make the drum stick and paired it with an almond sugar cookie recipe. I had some extra dough left so I made this....




Again, I sketched out a paper template, rolled out the dough, and cut the dough around the template. I baked, iced, and then popped the cookies in the freezer to set. I made one of them into a necklace circa a 1980s rapper. Perfect for this Run DMC and Beasty Boys fan who loves Adidas..so much that he and his groomsmen wore them at his recent wedding. Nothing like some cookies to make a birthday 
so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment